One more recipe for zelnik, this time I present you a pie with nettles. Nettles are a very healthy herb and full of iron. You can prepare every spinach dish with nettles instead or combined. Be careful with nettles and don’t touch them by hand, use gloves until you boil them.
- 900 g flour
- 50 ml oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 g butter
- 500 g briefly boiled nettles
- 4 eggs
- 300 g white cheese
- 50 ml yogurt
- Knead soft dough with flour, warm water as needed, add salt and oil and knead well. Knead dough well and divide it into two parts, one smaller and one bigger. Spread layers from both parts and grease them with half the butter. Fold both layers as an envelope and leave them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Then roll them out with a pin and grease again with the other half butter. Then again leave in the fridge for an hour.
- Grease baking pan with a little butter. Roll out the bigger crust and place in the baking pan.
- Prepare the filling. Briefly boil nettles and strain. Leave to cool, then add crumbled white cheese, yogurt and eggs. Mix well and pour evenly on the crust.
- Roll out smaller crust and put above. Fold edges and make folds on the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200 C degrees for around 30 minutes.