As I have mentioned before, this is my mother’s recipe and it’s the best!. Believe me, I’ve tried many different pies, but this one is my benchmark for pie! You can add spinach in the mixture, I didn’t have one now so I prepared it without it.
For filling(or optional):
- 3 eggs
- 250 g white cheese or 300 g cottage salty cheese
- 1 pack sour cream (250 ml)
Mix eggs with the cheese and add the sour cream. Add a little oil on the crust before applying the filling .
- 1 kg of flour
- 500 ml lukewarm water
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Pinch of sugar
- pinch of yeast
- 1 margarine / butter 250 g, divided in half
1. Mix all ingredients and knead until dough is smooth, split into two balls and let them rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. Roll out a 2-3 cm pastry from one ball and coat with half butter. Cut a smaller circle in the middle and cut in rays the remaining ring.
3. Each piece of the ring is placed on one another in the middle and then closed.
Put the dough in plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
4. Repeat the procedure with the other ball.
5. When the dough is nicely chilled, stretch a crust the size of the tray, put the bottom crust on a greased tray, add the filling and place the second layer. Seal the ends spirally.
6. Cut down the top layer with a sharp knife into pieces the size of your choice, so the pie won’t swell while baking.
7. Bake at 200 C degrees in the preheated oven, until pie gets a beautiful golden color.