This is one of my favorite salads during the winter period, the best meze, it goes great as an appetizer, before the main lunch or with rakija. The dosage is for 10 jars.
- 7,5 kg. vegetables (mostly pickles, fresh cabbage, less carrots, cauliflower, and the least green peppers and green tomatoes)
- 400 ml oil
- 400 ml vinegar
- 300 g sugar
- 150 g salt
- spices: laurel, parsley, celery, pepper grains
- Cut vegetables in desired form.
- Add the remaining ingredients except spices and mix well. Leave to stand for 3-4 hours. Add spices before filling the jars.
- Fill jars well, close and put jars in a larger pot filled with water and bring water to boil, then reduce temperature. Don’t boil for too long, boil just to close the caps. Boiling time is between 10 and 15 minutes.
- Keep in cold and dark place, it’s not necessary to keep them in the fridge.