- 1,5 kg wild meat
- 1,5 kg chopped onion
- 1 tbs Vegeta
- 5-6 dried peppers
- 3-4 bay leaves
- black pepper
- 1/2 tbs red pepper
- 300 ml white wine
- First, cut meat into small pieces put in cold water, add a glass of wine vinegar and a clove onion cut into pieces and let stand overnight. The meat is ready for use the next day when it is softened and whitened by the previous procedure.
- Then the next day, put meat to boil for 2 hours. During boiling, the water should be changed 2-3 times.
- Once you cook the meat, heat oil in a big pot and pour chopped onion to fry and to soften a little. Add meat, chopped dried peppers, Vegeta (spice), black pepper, a little red pepper, bay leaf, and mix. Frying takes about 30 minutes.
- After that the entire mixture is poured into an earthenware pan, add white wine and place in the oven to bake for about 1 hour at 220 C degrees. I like it when it forms a crust on top, if you want it crustless, then bake covered with aluminum foil and uncover before the end of baking.
- Enjoy this great Macedonian specialty.