This makalo is older than me, older than my mom, older than my grandma etc. It’s been in this cuisine for centuries. Macedonians are known as pepper lovers, there is no Macedonian that doesn’t eat peppers, we are peppers nation 🙂 Macedonian people usually eat this makalo with warm bread dipped in the makalo. Here’s a recipe how to prepare this simple yet delicious food.
- 12 peppers
- 1 roasted hot pepper if you want your makalo chilly
- 2 tomatoes
- 5-6 cloves garlic
- salt, oil.
- Wash, bake and peel peppers. Chop them into pieces and place in a bowl. Add the hot pepper.
- Crush garlic in a bowl and add to the peppers. Crush together.
- Peel tomatoes, cut in pieces and slightly crush. Add them to the bowl.
- Add chopped parsley as much as wanted, add oil and salt.
- Mix everything and serve with warm bread.