Tikvarnik or pumpkin cake is a traditional cake that is commonly prepared in Macedonia during autumn/winter season. I present you a healthy and tasty recipe of how to prepare this awesome no-sugar pumpkin dessert.
- 2 kg pumpkin
- 250 ml milk (you can replace milk with water)
- 4 eggs
- 3-4 tbs honey
- 1 sachet vanilla sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons flour, depends on the pumpkin (you can use wholewheat flour)
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- Boil pumpkin until soft. Mix it.
- Mix eggs with milk, oil, honey, and vanilla sugar. Add this mixture to the pumpkin and mix well with a mixer.
- Finally, add the flour with the baking powder and mix well.
- Place in an oiled baking pan and put to bake in a preheated oven at 220 C degrees until it gets a beautiful red color.
- Leave the cake to cool well before cutting.