Piperki polneti or stuffed peppers are also a very popular dish in Macedonia. Peppers are stuffed with ground meat with rice and spices then baked in the oven.
- 9 wider peppers
- 400 g mixed minced meat
- 200 g of rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mixes spices
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh parsley
- 4 cups of water
- First, cook the chopped onion, add meat, salt and spices and cook for ten minutes. Add rice and paprika in the end.
- Fill the peppers with the prepared mixture. Use a teaspoon for filling. You can close the peppers with pieces of tomato or potato.
- Put peppers in a pan, add the water so the peppers are more than half covered with water, add some oil on top and put them in a heated oven to bake on 250 C.
- Add a mixture of some flour and tomato sauce or ketchup between and on peppers for better taste. Leave them to bake until roasted well.