Ohrid trout or the Lake Ohrid brown trout (Salmo letnica) is an endemic species of trout in Lake Ohrid. The Ohrid trout is a specialty in Macedonian gastronomy; it is used for soups and other dishes. You can also apply this recipe to any bigger fish.
- 2 rainbow trouts
- lemon juice, butter, salt, pepper.
- 120 g chopped spinach,
- 100 g unsalted cheese
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 egg yolk
- sour cream
- salt and pepper
How to prepare:
- Clean and dry the trouts inside. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and lemon juice inside.
- Prepare the filling by adding all the ingredients (frozen and defrost spinach can be used). Divide the filling and stuff the trouts with it.
- Spread butter on aluminium foil, then place each trout in and wrap in the foil. Place in baking pan cover with 2 cm boiling water and bake in the oven. Serve trouts decorated with parsley and lemon wedges.
- Serve this dish with Macedonian white wine.