Juicy baked apples are the perfect healthy dessert when the weather is cold. Apples are a natural elixir and can be eaten raw or cooked in many different ways. No matter which way you choose to eat, apples are a great dessert and natural medicine. They are rich in soluble and insoluble fiber that enable healthy metabolism with proper food digestion. In addition, they contain large amounts of vitamin C which is necessary for good immunity, healthy gums, for the production of collagen, rejuvenation and etc..
Fast, soft and incredibly delicious, you have to try these baked apples stuffed with nuts and honey.
- 8 apples
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 100 g of crushed nuts as desired – almonds, walnuts or hazelnuts
- cinnamon, vanilla extract, rum if desired.
- Wash apples and remove the inner part with a paring knife. If desired, you can cut in half and remove the core.
- Place nuts and honey in a bowl. If desired, add cinnamon, vanilla extract or rum. Mix to obtain a homogeneous mixture. Fill apples with this mixture of nuts and honey.
- Arrange stuffed apples in a pan coated with baking paper. Bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until apples soften. Serve while warm.