Tahini, or sesame seed paste, is a staple of Middle Eastern and Mediterranean cooking. It’s perhaps most notable for its essential role in making hummus, although its uses go far beyond that iconic dip.
Tahini is pretty much used for preparing spreads when you’re fasting. It’s very healthy and you can even prepare it at home. Combining tahini with our Bukovska pepper, garlic, nuts and tomato sauce gives this beautiful spread which is also very healthy and a great choice for your fasting period.
- 3 tablespoons Bukovska pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 250 g of crushed nuts (hazelnuts or walnuts)
- salt and black pepper to taste and other spices as desired
- hot oil or hot water (depends whether you’re fasting with water or oil)
- Clean garlic and smash it well. Then add the Bukovska pepper and mix.
- Pour hot oil or hot water and mix.
- Then add tahini, tomato sauce, nuts and salt ant pepper.
- If it is very thick, add more hot oil or water to get the desired density.