This is one of my favorite dishes. Easy, fast and healthy, ready in 30 minutes. I prepare it once a week and my family loves it! For 4 adult people, I suggest you put 1 kg of spinach, given amounts are enough for 2 adults and 2 smaller children.
- 500-600 g spinach-cleaned and chopped
- 3 handfuls of rice
- 2 chopped carrots
- salt or vegeta
- 1 flat tbs of red ground pepper
- 3-4 eggs
- 2 glasses of warm water
- Warm some oil in a pot and add spinach, close the lid and fry for 2-3 minutes. Spinach will flatten.
- Add rice, carrots, red pepper, 1/2 tbs vegeta or salt (around 1 flat tsp) and stir.
- Pour hot water, stir and leave to cook on a low temperature.
- If necessary, add more water.While cooking, stir spinach 2-3 times so the rice won’t fall at the bottom. Spinach should be thick with a little liquid in the end (as in pic).
- Before the end, add the eggs on top and leave to cook for 5 more minutes with closed lid.
- Serve warm with sour cream or fermented milk.