This simple Montenegrin potato salad sings of the Mediterranean. If you can find them, baby waxy potatoes such as Pink fur or kipflers will add a delicious sweetness to the dish.
- Preparation: 20min
- Cooking: 35min
- Serves: 8
- Skill level: Easy
- 1.5 kg desiree or other waxy potatoes
- ½ red capsicum, finely chopped
- 6 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 125 ml (½ cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 60 ml (¼ cup) white wine vinegar
- dill sprigs, to serve
Cook potatoes in a large pan of boiling, salted water for 35 minutes or until tender. Drain and when cool enough to handle, peel potatoes. Cool completely, then cut into 4cm pieces.
Place potatoes, capsicum, onions and parsley in a large bowl. Whisk together oil and vinegar and add to potato mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and toss gently to combine. Scatter over dill to serve.