I buy these filo layers in the last several months. They are a new product on the market and twice more expensive than the regular one. I don’t mind, they are healthier and better for digesting though harder for rolling. If you can not find such filo layers, you can also use regular filo layers for pie. In this package there are 12 layers and I make 6 rolls with 2 layers for each.
- 1 pack filo layers for pie (thicker)
- 300 g spinach
- 300 g of ricotta
- 1-2 eggs
- olive oil and mineral water for sprinkling
- Mix in a cup oil and mineral water.
- Prepare the filling, chop spinach finely, add one or two eggs and ricotta, add salt to taste and mix.
- Take 2 layers and if thinner, taker 3. Each crust is sprinkled with oil and mineral water.
- Apply filling at one end of the crust and roll a roll. The procedure is repeated until all layers are finished.
- Align rolls are on an oiled pan and sprinkle oil and water on top.
- Bake at 200 C degrees (I bake them covered with baking paper) for about 25 minutes or until they got a beautiful light brown color.
- After baking, sprinkle with a little water and cover with a kitchen cloth for 5 minutes and then consume with sour milk or yogurt.