Baking ribs is always a challenge. To prepare good baked ribs, choose fresh ribs, not frozen and preferably put meat in a simple marinade a few hours before baking. Preparation is simple, but the baking time is long. The rib roasting time is usually more than 2 hours.
- 1 piece of pork rib
- oil, Vegeta, salt, black pepper, mustard
- 1 cup water
- 1 kg of potatoes
- spices (vegeta, black pepper, red pepper)
- Grease the ribs with oil and mustard on all sides. Then sprinkle Vegeta, black pepper, a little garlic powder and other spices if desired. Rub them in gently and allow the meat to marinate in the fridge for several hours. Remove the meat from the fridge 1 hour before baking and put it at room temperature.
- Put the prepared ribs in a pan, pour 1 cup water, add a little salt, cover the pan with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 250 C degrees (maximum heat).
- After 15 minutes, lower the temperature to 200 C degrees. Bake for 1 hour then flip the meat on the other side.
- After half an hour, add the sliced potatoes, add a little water and oil, salt and add the spices to the potatoes, return the foil from the top and bake for half an hour.
- After half an hour (2 hours total baking time), remove the foil and bake the meat and potatoes uncovered. Then, after baking for 20 minutes, flip the meat on the other side, mix the potatoes and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Total baking time is approximately 2 and a half hours. This time is orientation. Each oven bakes differently, it also depends on the baking pan, thickness and freshness of the meat slice, etc. Use the experience and the sense to roast the meat nicely. Finally, meat bones should be easily separated.