This is one of my favorite lunches that I prepared today. I highly recommend this dish. I mostly prepare chicken with rice, but spring potatoes arrived at the market and what’s the most perfect combination than baked spring potatoes with chicken.
- 1 chicken (mine was fresh and 1,4kg)
- 1 onion
- 1 kg potatoes (chopped)
- 200 ml water
- 7 tablespoons oil and salt (quantity to taste, mixed spices, black pepper, chicken spice mixture)
- Peel potatoes just a little if you’re using spring potatoes like me, if you’re using old potatoes, then, peel regularly. Wash and cut in the desired shape.
- Chop onion in circles.
- Salt chicken and add spices.
- Salt potatoes, add spices and stir well. Put half potatoes in a baking pan, then place chicken above and add the rest of potatoes all around the chicken. Add the onions.
- Pour oil everywhere from above, and pour water around.
- Cover pan well with aluminum foil. Heat oven to 200 C. Put to bake for about 2 hours and 20 minutes. Twenty minutes before baking, remove the foil (be careful not to burn yourself from the steam) so the meat roasts well.
- Serve with salad. I hope you’ll like my proposal for a tasty lunch.