Antique, some would say dish for poor 🙂 My family loves it! Potatoes stew is usually prepared as a lean meal, you can prepare it with meat and if you’re fasting, you can even prepare it without oil. Your choice!
- 1.5 kg of potatoes
- 2 onions
- 100 ml of oil
- 1 tablespoon red powdered pepper
- 1 tablespoon of dry spices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Chop onions, add oil and spices, add a little water and let it cook until onions completely soften. Periodically add water.
- During this time, clean and chop the potatoes into cubes or slices, as you prefer. Add potatoes in the pot, pour water to cover well potatoes. Leave to boil on medium heat, with occasional stirring.
- Add pepper and salt, mix well and leave until everything is beautifully cooked. If it is too thick, add a little hot water periodically .
- At the end, when potatoes are cooked and there’s enough soup (in your judgment), dilute flour with a glass of water, remove pot from the heat, add flour and water, stir and return to cook another 5 to 10 minutes on reduced fire.
- Try to check if it is salty, you can also add black pepper. Add fresh parsley in the end.
- Serve warm, combine with fresh salad.