These are a little different pierogies than the regular ones, these are also very tasty, easy to prepare and contain a little more potatoes than flour in their ingredients.
- 300 g potatoes
- 20 g fresh yeast
- 60 ml warm water
- 3 egg yolks
- 70 g butter
- 1 tablespoon cognac
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 300 g soft flour type 550
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g grated ham
- grated cheese
- Boil the potatoes in their skins, cool, peel and mash.
- Put yeast in warm water and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Mix yolks with the butter and add the cognac, cream, flour, salt, yeast and mashed potatoes. Stir well until smooth.
- Place the dough on a surface sprinkled with flour and roll out a thin crust thinly.
- Cut circles with a glass.
- Put finely chopped ham on one side of the circle and cover with the other half.
- Leave to stand until dubble sized.
- Fry in hot oil until golden. Serve with grated cheese.