I like to experiment with potatoes and prepare different potato casseroles. This one is ease to prepare, delicious and mouth melting. You can serve it as a main dish combined with fresh salad or combine it with meat. It’s the leek that gives this special taste and the topping gives the finish touch. You can also include olives in this recipe, since olives go excellent with leeks.
- 800 g boiled potatoes
- 1 leek
- 400 g cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml yogurt
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 50g cheese
- Chop leeks and put in pan to fry and to soften.
- Grate cooled potatoes in a bowl, mix with the cottage cheese and add the fried leeks. Add salt, pepper and mix.
- Put all this in oiled pan and flatten it.
- Beat eggs with yogurt and pour over the potato mixture. Grate some cheese on top.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200 C for about 15 minutes or until eggs are browned and cheese on top melts.