As I previously said, I love poppy seed and all kneaded food that contains it, so I’m continuing my poppy seed journey with this great recipe for a roll with poppy seed filling.
- 450 g flour
- 125 g fat
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 1 dry yeast
- 250 ml milk
- 75 g sugar
- grated zest
- 250 g of milk
- 250 g ground poppy seeds
- 250g sugar
- Knead dough from yeast, flour, fat, egg, sugar and milk. Add grated zest for better smell. Leave kneaded dough to stand for 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Mix milk, sugar and poppy seed in a separate bowl. Boil this mixture on a low heat until it thickens.
- When dough is ready, roll out a crust with a thickness of a finger. Apply the filling evenly over the dough and fold crust in a big roll.
- Coat with egg yolk and bake at 180 C, for about 40 minutes.
- When cool, sprinkle with powdered sugar