Famous and old grandma cookies that melt in your mouth. The name ‘pivarki’ is derived from the word ‘pivo’, meaning ‘beer’.
- 250 ml beer
- 250 ml oil
- 2 tbs sugar
- 100 g semolina
- 700 g flour
- 1 pack baking powder (10g)
- 700 ml water
- 800 g sugar
nuts, walnuts, almonds
- Mix well all ingredients for the dough.
- Form balls and insert a nut inside if wanted. To make the balls, take a little dough, spread it in your hand, put a nut in the middle and close it and form a ball and press it a bit.
- Align prepared cookies on a pan aligned with bakin paper.
- Put to bake in a preheated oven at 200 C degrees for about 15 minutes or until cookies become to get some colour.
- Prepare the syrup by boiling sugar and water for 15 minutes. It should begin to thicken.
- Cold cookies are poured with hot syrup or other way around.
- After they soak the syrup, sprinkle or dip them in grind walnuts or biscuits.