Pishii is a type of fried dough, specifically for the eastern part of Macedonia, especially Kavadarci. They are great for every day, for breakfast, lunch or dinner, with ajvar, cheese, and tea. They are very quick to prepare and even quicker to eat.
- 300 ml yogurt
- 600 g flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 sachet baking powder
- Pour flour in a deeper bowl, then add yogurt, baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Knead dough until soft and smooth.
- Roll out larger crust with thickness of 1-2 cm.
- Cut crust cut into squares or form circles. Pishii are usually larger, around 15 cm wide.
- Fry in hot oil, then line up on kitchen paper to drain excess fat.
- Serve warm with cheese and a cup of yogurt.