Pindjur is one of the most favorite Macedonian traditional appetizers, which is always good to have on the table. I mostly enjoy eating pindjur combined with warm bread or with cheese. Delicious! There are different recipes, different ways of preparation of pinjur, I chose this one as the most uniform recipe.
- 2 kg of green peppers
- 1 kg of tomatoes
- 1 eggplant (larger)
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- cooking oil
- pinch of salt
- Bake peppers and place in a plastic bag. After almost cool, peel and remove seeds. If you choose dark green peppers then pindjur will be slightly darker. You can also use red peppers.
- Briefly boil tomatoes for several minutes just to soften and then peel. Cut in pieces and put to fry in a pot until liquid is almost gone. Keep some liquid, tomatoes mustn’t be completely dry.
- Bake eggplant on a strong fire and cut into pieces.
- Put peeled peppers, tomatoes and baked eggplant in a blender shortly. You should see little pieces of peppers in the mixture after blending..
- Add mashed garlic, salt and oil. You can add warm oil.
- If you like chilly taste, then add several chilly baked and chopped peppers.