I made this dish myself today, I had no idea what to eat so I used what I had. I’ve made stuffed peppers with ricotta cheese before, but I prepared peppers for the first time in this combination and I’m thrilled, they are delicious and special. I didn’t have lots of peppers, I only had 5 so the recipe is for 5 medium sized peppers, quite enough for 1 person. If you need more, double or triple ingredients.
Just to note that the peppers are used are from a farmer friend, naturally grown and treated with no pesticides.
- 5 medium sized peppers
- 1 egg
- 50 g white cheese
- 3 tablespoons ajvar
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- just a little cooking oil
- Mix the crushed cheese, with the egg, ajvar and sour cream and fill with peppers with this mixture.
- Put the peppers in a pan with a little oil to fry on both sides. Cover pan with a lid. It will take about 20 minutes to half an hour.
- Combine with chopped tomatoes.