This Peppers Stuffed With Cabbage is a traditional Macedonian winter relish. Combine with every main dish and of course, with rakia 🙂
- 4 kg of peppers (baburi)
- 10 kg cabbage
- 8 tablespoons of salt and a bit more for the cabbage
- 2 tablespoons of grained black pepper
- 2 l alcohol vinegar 9%
- 2 l water
- Wash peppers, remove handles and seeds so that the edges are smooth.
- Finely chop cabbage, add salt and pepper and leave to stay for a few hours to soften.
- Strain the liquid from the cabbage by pressing with hand.
- Firmly fill peppers with cabbage so peppers maintain shape.
- Place stuffed peppers in jars and fill with a mixture of vinegar, salt and water previously boiled and coolen.
- Leave for a couple of days covered only with a towel because of fermentation, and then close the lid.