Oreovka or so-called walnut rakija is an old folk remedy for thyroid problems, problems with digestion, but also for a good mood. Our grandmothers made it, our moms too and now we’re making it.
So, first you need to take a walk somewhere in nature and pick at least 40 green small nuts.
The method of making is – for one bottle or a jar of 1 to 1.5 kg, you need:
- 40 green nuts,
- 1 liter of homemade rakija and
- 300-500 g of sugar (maybe brown sugar or honey, although honey will change the taste, but make it much healthier).
- The walnuts should be washed, dried and cut in several places (if they are larger, they can be cut in half).
- Put them in a bottle with a wide opening or in a large jar, add sugar or honey and fill with rakija.
- Keep it closed and left for 40 days in the sun.
- Then you need to drain the brandy in another bottle and it’s good to have a cup every morning. You can also drink it after lunch if you have a problem with digestion.