Okra is a one-year-old plant and very healthy. It is a delicacy and specialty, as well as food and medicine. It contains vitamins A and C, iron, calcium and starch, lowers fat, lowers blood sugar, helps asthmatics and it’s a good aphrodisiac. Okra is often usually combined in gjuvech and turlitava because it gives special taste to these dishes.
- 700 g lamb or pork
- 500 g of okra
- 2-3 heads onions
- 4 cloves garlic
- 800 ml of tomato sauce
- 3-4 whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 teaspoon red pepper
- a little salt, black pepper
- a little cooking oil
- Clean okra and pour with cold water and leave it soaked for at least 30 min.
- In a larger cooking pan, fry the finely chopped onion and garlic on a little oil.
- Cut the meat into larger pieces and add it to the pan. Fry as long as the meat is roasted.
- Once the meat gets a fine brown-red color, add 1 tablespoon of flour, 1 tablespoon red pepper and season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce, a few cleaned and chopped tomatoes, cover the container and leave to cook at low heat for about 45 minutes.
- Add drained okra at the end leave to cook for another 10 minutes, taking care not to over cook the okra and become slimy.