This is a great appetizer for guests, as well as an opportunity to use old bread. It also goes well with barbecue and to be honest – with everything 🙂
- old bread as much as you have
- a little oil
- mixed spices, oregano, Bukovec (red pepper flakes)
- grated cheese (optional)
- Chop bread into cubes about 2×2 cm.
- Put little oil to heat in a deeper pan or pot and add bread cubes. Stir constantly so all pieces of bread fry a bit. Be careful not to burn. Then transfer bread in serving bowl.
- Sprinkle mixed spices, oregano, Bukovec to taste.
- Optionally, add grated white cheese.
If you have larger quantities of bread, put half in the bowl for serving, add spices (and cheese), and then the other half of bread, cheese and spices so they are seasoned evenly. I didn’t add red pepper here since my children don’t eat pepper and it can be chilly sometimes 🙂