This is a recipe from my mother’s cookbook, written on those pages where the letters have almost completely vanished, with many oiled parts – meaning, she made them like thousands of times. These delicious cookies just melt in your mouth and are great with your morning coffee.
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups white wine or beer
- 1 pack baking powder (10 g)
- 100 g crushed walnuts
- 2 tbs sugar
- flour as needed (500 g or more)
***1 cup is 150 ml cup measurement
- Place flour on a kneading table, make a hole in the middle and put the oil, baking powder, and wine/beer. Knead middle soft dough in order to easily form a crust. If necessary, add more flour.
- Roll out a crust and cut forms using glass for water or make forms according to your desire.
- Mix crushed walnuts with a little cinnamon and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Put some of this filling in the middle of each piece and fold the pieces in half to keep filling in the middle.
- Bake at 200 C until slightly roasted. Once baked, roll them in powdered sugar mixed with vanilla.