Moussaka for those who don’t eat meat. Simple yet delicious, it’s very close in taste with the regular moussaka with potatoes and minced meat.
I’m not sure if this moussaka is 100% vegetarian since it contains eggs and sour cream for topping, keep that in mind.
- 750 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 500 g mushrooms (champignons)
- 200 g sour cream
- 2 eggs
- Oil, salt, spices
- Finely chopped parsley
- Peel and cut potatoes into circles with a thickness of 4 mm.
- Fry champignons sliced in thin slices together with the finely chopped onion. When champignons have softened, add the spices and parsley.
- Then in a greased pan add a row of potatoes, then a row of mushrooms and finally end with potatoes. Add a little oil on top.
- Add 1,5 cups of water
- Mix eggs with the sour cream and pour over the moussaka.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220 C degrees until moussaka gets a beautiful golden-brown color.