Malidzano is a very popular red peppers and eggplants delicacy in Macedonia, it’s almost popular as Macedonian ajvar. Combined with fresh bread and white cheese is definitely the best. We usually prepare it in the autumn and eat it through the winter period.
- 6 kg red peppers (or green peppers)
- 10 eggplants
- 800 g oil
- 50 g alcohol vinegar
- 1 tbs mustard
- less then 1 handful sugar
- salt to taste (about 1 tbs)
- Bake and peel peppers. Leave to drain then grind in a meat grinding machine.
- Bake, peel and grind eggplants.
- Put grind peppers and eggplants to fry and add oil. Fry for 45 minutes until it starts to boil.
- Then add the vinegar, mustard and sugar. Add salt to taste and leave to cook a little while.
- Collect in warm jars while still hot and close lids well.