One of my favorite vegetarian dishes and one of the fastest to prepare. I basically like to prepare meals that contain rice and this one is one of my favorite and kids love it! I usually prepare it when I want fast and light lunch. The meat version of this dish would be combined with pieces of chicken, first boil the chicken, cut in pieces and add pieces of meat in the rice 20 minutes before it’s done. This dish is prepared in a pot.
- 1 cup of rice (cup size is 250 ml)
- 3-4 carrots chopped in pieces
- 1 head middle sized chopped onion
- 1-2 chopped peppers
- 1 larger chopped tomato
- spices: vegeta, 1 tbs red pepper, a little black pepper
- 2 cups water
- fresh parsley
- Put some cooking oil in a pot and fry rice for 5 minutes with constant stirring.
- Then add all the chopped ingredients: carrots, onion, peppers, tomato. Stir.
- Add water and spices and mix.
- Leave to cook at a medium heat and don’t forget to stir occasionally. Cooking time is around 30-45 minutes. If you want a more liquid dish, then add more water.
- While cooking, check if there’s enough water. I like this dish more thick and more risotto like.
- If you want to add chicken meat, do that as I first mentioned, 20 minutes before the end, add boiled and cut in pieces chicken meat.