Is there something tastier than warm fresh Macedonian homemade bread? I don’t think so. It’s cheaper than buying it, it’s more nutritious and you know exactly what goes into it.
- 1 kg and 400 g all-purpose flour
- 40 g fresh yeast
- 1,5 tablespoon salt
- 500 to 700 ml water
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- Put flour in a large bowl for kneading, make a hole in the middle, add salt, sugar, and yeast which you prepared earlier.
- Start kneading the dough with warm water. The needed water quantity varies and you should determine how much you need, the dough should be soft and moistened.
- Leave the dough to reach for about 40 minutes, knead again and make bread in a desired size and quantity.
- Warm the tray where you’ll bake bread, strew some flour on it. Arrange bread on the baking tray and leave again to reach around 30 minutes.
- Turn on the oven to 200 degrees and bake for 45 minutes. Cover with a towel to soften after baking.
Combine your warm bread with ajvar or white cheese or as desired. Enjoy!