This is also a very famous specialty in Macedonia, you can find it on the menu at almost every restaurant. You can serve grilled mushrooms as a supplement/addition to omelet, rice, meat dishes or eat them independently, for example with rakija or anisette (mastika).
- fresh mushrooms (500 g for 2 people)
- 2-3 cloves of garlic (preferably young)
- 1/4 bunch parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spices
- a few tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste (depending on how salty are the mixed spices)
- Wash fresh mushrooms well, drain and place in a large bowl. If mushrooms are large, cut them in halves or thirds. If smaller, leave them whole.
- Finely chop garlic and parsley and add to the bowl with the mushrooms.
- Add spices, salt, and pepper. Add olive oil.
- Mix well the entire mixture and leave mushrooms to soak oil and spices for ten minutes.
- Mushrooms are baked on the grill until they receive a beautiful yellow-brown color. They can also be roasted on a grill pan instead of the grill.