Macedonian apple pie or lazy pie is a traditional pie, easy to make and delicious. It’s ideal for moments when we want to eat something sweet and homemade, but we feel lazy to make it 🙂
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 baking powder
For the filling:
- 1 kg of apples
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons semolina
- 1 cup sugar (or taste)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mix eggs with sugar until sugar dissolves nicely.
- Add butter and yogurt, then add flour and baking powder.
- Divide the mixture into 2 equal parts. Put one part in a greased 25×35 pan and place it in a preheated oven on 190 degrees to bake for about 10 minutes.
- During that time, fry apples with sugar, then add semolina and cinnamon.
- Remove the pan from the oven, add the filling and put the second part of the dough mixture on top.
- Bake until top catches a nice baked crust. Sprinkle with powdered sugar on top, cut into cubes when cooled and enjoy.