This dessert will give you strength through your lenten period, it’s an ideal dessert in your lenting days, it has a high calorific value with great ingredients. Check the recipe.
Ingredients for dough:
- 100 g brown sugar (or honey),
- 6 tablespoons apricot jam,
- 1 cup chopped walnuts,
- 1 cup chopped dates,
- 1 cup chopped raisins (or whole)
- ½ l lukewarm water
- 1 orange – juice and grated zest,
- 500 g flour
- ½ sachet baking powder,
- lemon peel,
- 1 teaspoon baking soda,
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon.
Ingredients for decorating:
- 3 tablespoons apricot jam,
- 3 tablespoons of crushed walnuts.
- Place flour, baking powder, sugar (honey), nuts, dates, raisins, lemon and orange zest, baking soda, cinnamon and apricot jam (previously diluted with a few tablespoons of warm water) in a deeper bowl.
- Mix well everything, add orange juice and the rest of water and transfer the dough into a round mold coated with paper, flatten with a spoon and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees about 30 minutes.
- Remove cake from the oven, brush it with jam and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cut cooled cake into pieces, sprinkle with crushed nuts and powdered sugar and serve with coffee or hot cocoa.