This Lenten Holy Mountain Cake recipe is also borrowed from the monastery menu for the lenting period. Delicious oil-free cake!
- 6 tablespoons jam
- 10 tablespoons sugar
- 1 bag of cinnamon
- Rind from one lemon and orange, plus the juice of the orange
- 1tablespoon baking soda,
- baking powder
- 500 g of flour
- ¼ liters warm water
- 1 hand of diced walnuts (you may add raisins and/or dates)
- marmalade from apricots
- 150 g lenten cooking chocolate
- Mix jam and sugar with a mixer to obtain even consistency, then add water and cinnamon.
- Add rind from the lemon and orange, the orange juice, walnuts, raisins. Also, slowly add flour mixed with baking powder and soda.
- Obtain even consistency and pour into Teflon pan. The mix should not be too firm, and top of mixture should be made even with damp hand.
- Place in a pre-heated oven to medium heat and bake for 25-30 minutes; to determine whether it is baked, insert toothpick.
- Turn off oven and leave cake inside for a couple of more minutes.
- While warm, cover cake with 3 tablespoons of the apricot marmalade left at room temperature, and then drizzle chocolate glaze on the top.
Enjoy lent with this adorable cake!