Makes: 8 to 10 servings
- 3 cups water
- 2 medium to large potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/4 cup yellow corn meal
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup oil
- Remove from the heat and add the cheese, stirring until mostly melted
- Bring the water to a boil. Add the cooked potatoes and salt and boil until the potatoes start to break apart.
- Without draining the water, gently mash up the potatoes. Slowly add the cornmeal, continuing to stir. The texture should be like cream of wheat. Don’t let it get too thick (you may not need all the cornmeal the recipe calls for).
- When the kacamak is done cooking add a little oil