This dish is old Macedonian dish. It’s a type of stew food, usually prepared with meat and vegetables.
- 1 kg veal or beef (you can also use chicken meat)
- 2 onions
- 2-3 chopped carrots
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 kg potatoes
- 1 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp flour
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- cooking oil
- Cut meat into large pieces and put in a pot on a heated oil to fry a bit. When meat gets some color on all sides, remove from the fire and put aside.
- Put the chopped onion and green pepper to fry on the same oil. Add salt and black pepper and fry until the onion is completely soft. Add 1 spoon of tomato puree and stir.
- Return fried meat in the pot, add chopped carrots and cover all with water and leave to cook until meat is soft. Occasionally add water.
- When meat is almost cooked, add peeled and cut into cubes potatoes. Add one of the potatoes grated, it will thicken the stew.
- When meat and potatoes are cooked, add cold roux of one tablespoon of flour and a tablespoon of red ground pepper mixed with a little water. Add in stew and mix, cook a bit to thicken, then remove pot from fire.