There are many reasons to replace white bread with whole wheat bread. Many of the recipes we read on the internet about how to prepare whole-grain bread, often contain white flour, so such bread could not be considered a healthy alternative. Now you can make a homemade whole wheat bread and be absolutely sure that you eat healthy food that does not contain additives or preservatives. Hot or cold, this bread with spicy taste and smell is a delight for all your senses.
- 1 kg whole wheat flour
- 1 yeast (40 g)
- 1 baking powder (10 g)
- water as needed
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- Place yeast in a kneading bowl and add the sugar, a tablespoon of flour and 100 ml of lukewarm water. Allow the yeast to grow.
- Then add the flour, baking powder, salt and gradually add lukewarm water. Knead a soft dough.
- Add different seeds if desired (sesame seed, sunflower seed, pumpkin seed, oatmeal…)
- Shape the dough to make traditional bread or shape it depending on the mold in which you want to bake.
- Place bread in oiled mold and leave it for 20 to 30 minutes to rise.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 250 degrees for 20 minutes. Then, remove the bread from the oven and check if it is well baked.with a wooden skewer or a toothpick, if there’s no glued dough on, it means the bread is ready..
- Whole wheat bread is ready to eat! Enjoy!