The last time I eat strawberry preserves, I ate half a jar. I always say to myself while I’m putting strawberries in my mouth “Ok, the last one, I’m closing the jar now“. And soon I see its bottom 🙂
This is one of my favorite preserves beside figs preserve. You can use it for preparing cakes, sweets, you can combine it with bread and butter or eat it as I do – directly from the jar 🙂
This dosage is for 1 kg strawberries.
- 1 kg strawberries
- 1 kg sugar
- juice from 1 lemon
- Clean strawberries and wash them nicely. Leave them for at least 3 hours to stay in water with added lemon juice.
- Drain strawberries and place one row strawberries and 1 row sugar in a pot. Add another row and sugar until you finish all amount.
- Put to boil on strong temperature with constant shaking (don’t stir), but no more than 30 minutes. Remove the foam on the top.
- When done, remove pot from fire and cover with a damp cloth napkin to stand over night.
- The next day, boil it again for 10 minutes and place preserve in prepared hot sterilized jars. Strawberries will remain intact and won’t darken.
- Serve as desired.