Easy and tasty homemade peach marmalade. I made it in July, but I forgot to share the recipe then 🙂 I remembered now when I finished the last jar 🙂
- 1 kg of peaches
- 350 g of sugar
- 1 vanilla sugar (10 g)
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 gelatin bag (25 g)
- First put the peaches in the sink, fill it with water and put a few tablespoons of baking soda. Soda is used to neutralize pistils in the shell. Leave one hour and then wash them nicely.
- Cut them into quarters and remove the bones. I don’t peel them, you can – if desired.
- Mix them in a blender, and preferably with a hand mixer.
- Place the resulting mixture in a saucepan, add sugar and let it boil. Let it boil about 1 hour with occasionally stirring. When the mixture begins to thicken, vanilla sugar and half-lemon juice are added.
- Quite at the end, take a few tablespoons of the mixture in the cupboard and allow a little to cool. Dissolve the gelatin in the cup and mix it back with stirring.
- The marmalade is placed in warm, clean and sterilized jars that need to be closed well.
The last time I made marmalade from peaches, I cooked it for more than 2 hours because peaches were pretty juicy. Determine the time of boiling yourself. If it’s too short, the marmalade will come out very liquid.