What to do when your husband buys you 10 kg of peaches? Peach juice and peach jam! I used 5 kilos for juice and 3 kilos for jam. I was making juice for the first time since I usually like to drink raw juices or smoothies to preserve all the vitamins and minerals. But they say there’s always first time for everything, so I made this juice which turned out amazing. I really enjoyed making it.
- 5 kg of peaches
- 4 kg of water
- 1 kg of sugar
- 2 packs of citric acid (10-15 grams)
- First, I put all peaches in the sink covered with water and I added 2 tbs of soda bicarbonate. I left them for 1 hour. The soda neutralizes the pesticides.
- Then, clean the seeds and cut peaches in pieces.
- Put them in a blender and add some of the water.
- Process the liquid through a strainer.
- Put the blended peaches, together with the rest of the water, sugar and lemon in a large pot. I didn’t have a big pot so I divided the work in 2 smaller pots.
- When the liquid begins to boil, leave to boil for 20-30 minutes more. Remove the foam that will form on the surface.
- Pour the hot juice in hot glass bottles. Leave to cool and then keep in the fridge.