This is one of the most eaten stews in Macedonia, the green peas stew. The following recipe is a variation of the basic recipe since I added minced meat here and it turned out delicious! I asked myself why haven’t I done it this way before! I used frozen beans and the only reason for choosing frozen beans is that I’m just too lazy to buy them fresh and clean each legume one by one (anyone who has cleaned green beans before knows what I’m talking about). The following recipe is enough for 2 adults and 2 children under 8. You can prepare double dosage if needed. Let’s see the recipe:
- 500 g frozen green peas
- 150 g minced meat
- 150 ml tomato sauce
- 1/2 chopped onion
- mixed spices Vegeta, oil, red pepper
- Fry onion in a little oil, then add the minced meat. Fry in the pot where you’ll prepare the stew and until meat changes color.
- Add the peas and stir.
- Add 1 teaspoon red pepper and 1 flat tbs Vegeta. Add water to cover the peas and add a little more if you think the stew is too thick. Add the tomato sauce in the end.
- Leave to cook at a low temperature for about 1 hour.
- Add parsley in the end and check if the peas are cooked well.
- If desired, you can add chopped carrot, potato and pepper. If you add these vegetables, do that in the beginning when you add the peas in the pot.