If you want a light dessert that will melt in your mouth, then, this is it. I first tried this dessert at my mother in law’s house and that was love at first sight. Besides ice cube cake, this is one of my favorite desserts.
- 5 eggs
- 6 tbs sugar
- 6 tbs flour
- 1 baking powder
- 150 ml oil
- 1 vanilla sugar
- 1 kg fruit (black plums, peaches, apples)
- 1 kg water (if the fruit is frozen, then less water)
- 300 g sugar
- 2 puddings
- 1 whipping cream
- Beat eggs with sugar with a mixer. Add oil and keep mixing. Add vanilla and baking powder.
- Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Put to bake at 180 C in a preheated oven.
- While you bake the biscuit, put fruit with water to boil until the fruit has softened. Fruit should be cut in half or quarters before boiling.
- Put boiled fruits on the baked biscuit and in the water where you boiled the fruit, add 300 g of sugar and 2 puddings (chocolate or vanilla as desired, depends on the fruit, if you use apples, then add vanilla puddings. Chocolate puddings were used in this recipe). Water will soon become thick from the puddings. Pour while hot above the fruits on the biscuit.
- Leave to cool and add a white whipping cream on top.
- It’s best to serve the next day, cold from the fridge.
I’ve tried this cake with plums, peaches, and apples and they all taste awesome. Black plums were used in this recipe and I like it the most this way. Water becomes colored from the black plums which give the filling a nice dark color as you can see. You can also use other fruits, maybe bananas or strawberries but then you won’t need to boil them.