Fasting period has begun, so I’ll share this delicious fasting lentil balls (kofte od leka) recipes for you to make your fast easier 🙂
- lentils, buckwheat, carrots same ratio (eg. ½ cup from each)
- the middle from 2-3 pieces of bread
- optional: leek / onion / garlic / parsley
- salt, pepper, spices
- Cook lentils for about 30 minutes. Keep grain firm and strain.
- Wash buckwheat, boil in a little water (enough to cover), pour away the first water. Add salt to the second water and it is then boiled when all water is absorbed.
- Carrots should be steamed or boiled. If you’re using leeks, then repeat the same procedure as for carrots.
- Finely chop vegetables, mix with lentils and buckwheat (if there’s no buckwheat, you can use millet or rice) add dry bread and season to taste.
- Mix well and let stand to absorb excess liquid, then shape balls. Place them on a baking sheet with flour (you can use polenta or bread crumbs) and bake in a preheated oven at 200 ° C for 40 minutes to 1 hour.