Fasting cakes are a challenge for all sweet food lovers, so they always seek for a good recipe that anyone can prepare and that will be successful and tasty to eat. So I present you this recipe for quick fasting cake with jam and nuts. I’m sure you’ll love it because this cake is fast for making and even faster for eating.
- 1 cup (200 g) sugar
- ½ cup jam as desired (mixed jam, plums, apricots)
- 2 cups lukewarm water
- 1 cup oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 bag vanilla sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- powdered sugar
- Finely chop walnuts.
- Place flour, sugar, baking soda, and vanilla sugar in a larger bowl and mix with wire stirring.
- Add the marmalade, water, oil, and chopped nuts and mix the ingredients well with wire and stir to obtain a homogeneous mixture.
- Place mixture into a circular pan coated with oil and flour and put to bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees. Remove pan occasionally and using a wooden toothpick check if the cake is baked.
- Allow cake to cool, then cut in slices and sprinkle with powdered sugar.