The season of apricots has begun. Did you make a homemade apricot jam? Here’s a proven and delicious recipe to save the flavors of apricots throughout the year. Combine it with bread, crepes, in desserts, you name it!
- 6 kg apricots, washed and removed from the seeds
- water to cover the apricots
- 2-3 packs of citric acid (10 g per pack)
- 2 kg sugar
- 250 ml water
- After removing apricot seeds, put the halves in water and add two or three pack of citric acid. This is done to preserve the color of apricots during the processing.
- Then place 250 ml water in a large pot and add the sugar to melt together.
- Drain the apricots from the excess water and blend into a blender to get thick purée.
- Add apricot puree to the pot where sugar and water melted.
- Boil with constant stirring for about 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or to the desired density.
- Gather marmalade in sterilized jars and close it while it’s hot