A little different version of baklava for all you chocolate lovers out there. This chocolate baklava will amaze you with its original and unique taste. It’s very simple to prepare and everyone can make it, even those who never prepared baklava before.
- 1 pack of filo pastry for baklava (about 14-16 layers)
- 300 g of ground walnuts or nuts
- 300 g of grind chocolate
- 1 butter (200 g)
For syrup (sherbet):
- 700 g of sugar
- 500 ml of water
- 300 g of cooking chocolate
- 150 g of butter or margarine
- First prepare the syrup. Boil sugar and water for around 10 minutes and leave to cool.
- Take 2 layers, put them one on another, spread them with a mixture of walnut and chocolate and roll. Repeat with the rest of the layers and align in a baking tray.
- Cut baklava into small pieces, for example 3-4 cm, melt the butter and spill over the baklava. Bake at 180 C degrees for about 30 minutes.
- When baklava is baked, pour over the cold syrup and leave to cool completely.
- When the baklava is cooled, melt chocolate with the butter and if you’re in a mood, dip each piece in the chocolate or pour the chocolate mixture over each piece. Put glazed baklava on a baking sheet or on a wire rack.
- Each piece decorate with ground nuts if desired.