Bunarche is a very famous Macedonian drink. While the world has the punch drink, we have bunarche. Bunarche is derived from the word “bunar”, meaning “water well”. It’s usually drank between larger groups of friends and companions. It has beautiful light and pleasant taste and it’s quite easy to prepare. I usually prepare it in a jug, but you can use any larger suitable container.
I usually prepare it with what I have at home, the given quantities aren’t obligatory.
- 1,5 liters of white wine
- 500 ml of lemon soda, Schweppes
- 1/2 liter of mineral water
- 1 lemon, 1 orange and 1 apple
- ice cubes
- Wash fruits and chop finely to slices. The choice of fruits is optional, but you must add lemon or other citrus fruit.
- Put the fruits in the container and add liquids and ice cubes in the end. Slightly mix and serve immediately.