This Bulgarian watermelon salad recipe features tomatoes, red onion and pine nuts along with feta cheese. This makes a great appetizer salad or main course vegetarian offering.
Bulgarian Watermelon Salad
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Makes 4 servings
– 3 cups (1-inch) seedless watermelon chunks
– 2 cups (1-inch) tomato chunks
– 1/4 pound Bulgarian feta cheese cut into 1/2-inch chunks
– 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thinly
– 3 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
– 2 teaspoons red-wine or balsamic vinegar
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– Salt to taste
In a large bowl, combine watermelon and tomato. Toss in cheese, onion and pine nuts.
In a lidded jar, combine red-wine or balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and shake until blended. Just before serving, toss melon mixture with dressing and salt to taste. Serve immediately.